Monday, May 5, 2008

FINALLY!

I have planned on starting this blog for months, and like many other projects or goals it hasn’t happened. I have enjoyed reading blogs of friends and family and have been envious, but until now have lacked the ability to get it done. I think the concept is brilliant. It is a way to keep a journal and share with family and friends what is going on in our lives, all in one. I guess I have been a little hesitant to start one, because I have never been much of a writer, and now that I have been out of school for so long, I feel like it has gotten significantly worse. I also didn’t know what I would write about. But, ever since my friend Monica started her blog, I have thought about what I would write about that day if I did have a blog, and I am amazed at the daily experiences we have that I don’t want to forget. I have lived in New York for nearly 6 years now and I have very little record of my experiences here and it is so sad. So many things have happened here.. I got my first “grown-up” job. I met my husband. I had my first child and now I have two.. I have failed to record so many precious memories, so now more than ever I want to make sure we do it. No regrets just move forward, right? So, now you know my intention in attempting this blog. I want to look back and read about what we were feeling and what crazy experiences we had, and what funny things the boys did and said. It will be a record for our little family., but hopefully it will be something our friends and family can enjoy, especially since we are so far away from many of you.

8 comments:

Jean Haws Memorial Site said...

Nice blog so far, Em. We don't have one..I'll let you know if that changes. Hey, I had a thought...sometime when you want a new park to check out in the springtime, you should head up on the C train to 163rd street. If you get out on Amsterdam and 161st or so, you will see a C town grocery store. Just north of it are some old steps that lead up to some really neat old buildings. There is a museum up there that is always empty with a lovely yard that the public is welcomed to play in. I loved going there. It is safe, and is a historic part of the city that people don't typically know about. It is called the Morris-Jumel Mansion and is the oldest home in the city. Napolean slept there once! You can tour the house/museum too, for free. Very cool.

Jean Haws Memorial Site said...

Hey, the blog I do have is the Jean Haws Memorial site and I run it as a tribute to my grandmother. Just wanted you to know that I am Aimee. :)

Tisha said...

yeah! Emily I'm sooo glad you started a blog! I've been hoping you guys would so I can see what you guys are up to and see pics of those adorable boys! we love and miss you guys! xoxo

Ryan said...

So glad you finally started your blog. Great reason to write one. I will love to be able to check in on you guys. You are so great Em, and so is your familly. I can't believe it was six years ago you moved to New York. So much growth and change since then.

Jill said...

Yeah for blogging! Looks great so far and I agree with your comments about doubling up on journaling and keeping family and friends up to date! Hope you guys are well.

emily said...

I'm a huge Blogging Fan! Glad you let us in on yours. Love, Mark

emily said...

welcome aboard! blogging is easier than you think! see you in august ;)

Jami Taylor said...

Emily: It's great to see those cute kids of yours! Our blog is www.tattletaylor.blogspot.com in case you ever want to check in. Hope to see you this weekend!