Sunday, July 25, 2010

Welcome Sherilyn!

Sherilyn, Boyd's little sister moved in with us for the summer ! She is babysitting for us and for a another family friend and also has picked up some other babysitting jobs. The boys sure love her! -

One thing that has been very nice about having some extra help is that now, when I come home, I am often the hero. Let me explain. Boyd comes home from work and gets a hero's welcome every time! Normally, I elicit no response when I return from somewhere without the boys. I came home one day after running errands and when I walked in the door the kids were playing games with Sherilyn (they were having a great time) and they stopped everything they were doing and ran to me and screamed "MOMMY!" They jumped all over me and hugged me. It was a hero's welcome. I loved it. Now, I don't tell this story because they don't like being with Sherilyn, because they love it and have so much fun. I just think that they have spent a little more time away from me to realize that they miss me! On this particular occasion they asked where I was and I said, "picking up vegetables." They screamed "VEGETABLES!" They insisted on eating something, so I gave them a piece of swiss chard (see picture below) I thought it was quite funny.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Liz Green said...

I love your vegetable story. Don't we wish every child would get that excited over vegetables.

Liz Green said...

I love your vegetable story. Don't we wish every child would get that excited over vegetables.