Thursday, July 29, 2010

feeling so grateful

I am going to take a break in my catch up posts (I am still a month behind) and share my current feelings.  This week has been a wonderful week and tonight I was filled a strong feeling of gratitude and I want to remember this moment because I so quickly forget all the blessings in my life.

I am thankful for 7 happy years with Boyd.  We celebrated our anniversary this week.  Boyd was traveling on our actual day, so we really didn't get to celebrate and we really didn't expect to this week. Then as a nice surprise we were able to get away one night this week after Boyd returned. It was especially fun because I surprised Boyd.

 I am thankful for thoughtful  friends.. This week 2 of my friends cleaned my room for me.  That's right, cleaned my horrible messy room while I was away. I came  home expecting to spend my day cleaning it, and it was clean.  I felt like I was in a dream! 

I am thankful for my sweet boys.  Tonight we had a mommy and sons party.  We had a picnic in our living room, we watched a show, and we made, decorated, and ate sugar cookies! As I sang songs to them tonight, I was filled with so much joy that they are in my life.

 I am thankful that I get to live in New York.  There are so many  fun things going on this summer.  I got to attend Shakespeare in the Park (amazing free theater in central park, ) again this week.  The first time, I was lucky enough to get tickets to Merchant of Venice, starring Al Pacino, from some friends after we just missed getting some.  This week I got to attend with Sherilyn after she camped out with some friends to get tickets to A Winter's Tale.  It was so beautifully done..  Earlier this summer, Sherilyn and I attended the NY Philharmonic free concert in Central Park.  It was such an incredible concert, it was free, and we got to enjoy it under the stars surrounded by friends.

I am thankful for summer days with friends.  It has been so horribly hot in New York this summer.  It has been the hottest July in the history books.  So, I am grateful for the beach escape we had on Monday and I am grateful for them public pool that we discovered that we love that is only one block away and is perfect for the kids.  We had a lot of fun there this week with friends.  The boys are so happy.  Gavin is doing swim lessons and both Eli and Gav are taking soccer classes..


I am thankful for Sherilyn, who has made my life so much easier.  She has been very helpful and she is so good with the boys.  I am grateful that we are getting to know each other better.

I am thankful that I know that I can be a better person.  I often reflect too much on my faults, but today, I feel grateful for the person that I am, but know that with God's help and with hard work, I can be better.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this! you are amazing, emily!!

Lucy Call Photography said...

Thanks for your comment Emily. Sorry we weren't able to meet up. Monday ended up being a very stressful day. Our suitcases were left in a taxi cab on accident, so we were trying to figure that out all night. But I am sure I will be back soon enough and then we can get together. I am glad to see that you guys are doing well. I love your photos on the side. And that's amazing that your friend cleaned your room!!

Madeline Jennnejohn said...

I love you and think you're amazing as well! I'm so grateful to have you as a true friend and can't wait to be back in the city so we can hang out again. Thanks for taking the time to share your 'grateful' thoughts. We all should do that more often!

Monica Rich said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful week! And sorry I've never cleaned your room. :)

Di said...

miss em! you are *wonderful* and this post actually made me cry! i am so grateful i met you in this lovely city...what a great friend you were to me when i was having such a hard time in the beginning post-partum. so happy you are feeling joy - your cup runneth over!! mine too. love you love you love you. ex-uws to harlem :)

Julianne said...

Thanks for all of your thoughts, I needed to read them today!

Happy moments (whether my own or others) get me through life!

It's true, I know I need to be writing these types of thoughts down much more often than I do.

mid said...

http://blog.ub.ac.id/kampusbisnis/tip-memilih-pinjaman-online-aman/