Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Can you believe that was us? Boyd and I celebrated 5 years of blissful marriage this weekend. Originally we had planned to take dance lessons or take a dinner/dancing cruise around Manhattan, but in the end we went to the "A Mid-summer Night Swing at Lincoln Center (an event they have in the month of July where they have live bands and dance lessons for a small fee, or you can hang around the edges for free.) We actually didn't pay for the lessons, but just ended up sticking on the outskirts. It was great. You could still hear the music well and luckily we stood next to a girl who was teaching her friends how to do the mambo. We just joined in and followed her lead!
Afterwards we went to Roy's for dinner. We chose Roy's because it is Hawaiian cuisine and we thought it might bring us back to our honeymoon in Hawaii.. Not quite, but the food was pretty good, but we had a great time. We enjoyed our evening talking about the past 5 years. We talked about our proudest, saddest, happiest, scariest, most romantic..etc moments. We also looked to the future and talked about what we still hope to accomplish. We have shared so many wonderful moments together over the past 5 years. I am so happy that I made it to Boyd's party 6 or so years ago and that he asked me if I was "interested?". I will forever be interested..

6 comments:

Minna Dyer said...

Congratulations you two! I'm so happy that you are so happy! It shows.

The Snead Family said...

CONGRATS! And I LOVE your smile Emily. It makes me smile, because I can just hear your laugh-which is one of the best sounds out there! You have such a sweet family. I love to see how happy you all are:) Can't wait to see you!

Ryan said...

Awww! Congrats you two!

BenKels&kiddos said...

Congrats on 5 years! We love you two and your kids! I love your pictures--you're so photogenic, Emily.

Unknown said...

I agree with everyone else, you are so beautiful, congratulations on five wonderful years, you guys are perfect for each other and have such a sweet family!

David and Jana said...

Congratulations for 5 years! You guys look so happy. Your wedding photo is stunning. It just keeps getting better and better!