Saturday, February 27, 2010

Welcome to Tampico

My mom and dad are serving a mission for the church and we are so proud of them. We were grateful that we were able to go see them as missionaries in Mexico and see the joy they are bringing to the people there. It was also so great to just be with them. I think the best part of the trip was seeing them with the boys and the great bond that they have. It is amazing to me that they only see them a couple times a year, but they are so close.

I have to see we were a bit disapointed by the weather when we first got there. It was in the low 50's and it rained quite a bit. They were having one of the coldest February's on record there. A couple of weeks earlier they had been in the low 40's! I know this was better than NYC, but we were in Mexico!But, we still enjoyed ourselves.

My parent's neighbor have a doug, Toby and Grandpa and boys spent a lot of time with that dog, Toby. Eli loved Toby. He still asks about him.




We spent a lot of time playing games and doing puzzles. Uno was the new game of choice! Grandma and her puzzles were a big hit!

We also went to a Lagoon where you can take a boat ride and see crocodiles. Apparently, they used to have a zoo in that area. It closed, but they decided to leave the two crocodiles there in that lagoon. There are now 30 of them. The best part of the ride was the iguanas! there were tons of them. They were close to 3 feet long. Some were bigger and some were smaller. But, they just hung out in the trees!

Posted by Picasa

We also got to go to dinner that night while the boys stayed with some friends of my parents.

The next day, we went to my parent's institute. We met all the the people they work with. Mom, Boyd and I went to an outdoor market. That night we did a presentation in their English class on "living in New York." I don't know how much they understood. It was so fun to meet my parent's students. They are warm, loving group of people. I can tell my parents are loved and that they love them.
The institute building
I wish we got more pictures of their class, but we were too worried about our presentation!
I have more pics coming!

No comments: